Michael Thompson is the owner of Market Accelerators, LLC. Michael works with select small companies who want to grow their business to the next level. He is a highly regarded professional marketer with over 20 years experience and is known for his immensely practical approach and ideas. Michael has held worldwide marketing responsibilities for well known companies such as Hewlett Packard and Mattel Toys as well as various small businesses. He has worked both in the US and internationally including postings in the UK, Spain and Singapore.
Michael has spoken at various events including chambers of commerce, industry organizations, international sales events and press tours. Michael was an industry spokesperson for Hewlett Packard and has appeared in TV, newspaper and magazine interviews worldwide.
Michael was a three year board member of the Oregon Chapter of the American Marketing Association and was also a Certified Duct Tape Marketing Consultant. He has an active small business marketing blog and conducts frequent marketing podcast interviews with various experts.
Michael has been involved in a broad range of marketing activities which gives him a wealth of knowledge to bring to Market Accelerators clients. Here are some examples:
- While at Mattel Toys he managed a department focusing on market analysis and strategy. His creative approach to research and analysis won him the Mattel President’s Award for Innovation — twice!
- At Hewlett Packard he had the marketing responsibility for the award winning HP DeskJet Portable Printer.
- He was responsible for worldwide product management of the HP DesignJet Printer line
- He managed worldwide partnerships for HP’s digital publishing organization
- He brought to market an innovative marketing communications automation service
Michael and his wife have three children and he lives in the beautiful Pacific North West.